The folks in my larger social circle have become disenchanted with our current national leadership. Check out this chain email I received recently:
The only way this will work is if all of the people you send this to are registered voters and actually vote! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I have totally cleaned this e-mail of all other names and I’m sending it to you in hopes you will keep it going. This is bipartisan in nature and is going to both Democrats and Republicans. This is short so please read it all the way through and then forward. You will be glad you did.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971…before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land…all because of public pressure.
I’m asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12 . The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS! ! ! ! !
If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete. You are one of my 20+. Please keep it going.
I’m not into spam, for fun or profit, but if you’re into “going viral,” cut and paste away. There are some good points here, even if it doesn’t have a Snowball’s Chance in Hell of passing. Congress, beware!