Whether the State seizes Industry, or Industry seizes the State, the result is the same: fascism.
–The Random Texan
- Social media is turning young women into pitiful “spoonies.” It’s not a good look.
- Karen at Facebook is snitching folks out to the FBI. Publicly, the FBI says there’s no call for alarm. But you’d be naive to think the FBI doesn’t open dossiers on the people reported.
Our Chinese Big Brother
- The Chinese Secret Police are opening up satellite offices all over the world, including a new one in New York City. Money quote: “…with deep ties to the Biden Administration.”
- “An executive for the Chinese-owned social media app TikTok repeatedly dodged questions about whether the company is sharing U.S. user data with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) during a Senate hearing on Wednesday.” Nothing to see here, move along.
- With the upcoming Online Safety Bill, the UK wants to be just like Big Brother China. Perfidious Albion, indeed!
- College and University Administrators are about to get a good dose of the “Rate My Professor” medicine. Long overdue.
- College rankings from US News & World Report are bunk. Here’s the problem and some alternatives.